Drain basins serve as a collection point where two or more drain lines converge.
They are used as a junction box when drainage system inlets/outlets change diameter, change pipe type, change elevation, change direction. They allow for multiple inlets or outlets in one structure and for a water inlet and sediment collection point entering a drainage system. Springfield Plastics offers drain basins that provide watertight connections that prevent soil infiltration. Installation is quick and easy due to the lightweight nature of the drain basin, which means less equipment and workers!
- Available in many configurations
- Consistent watertight seal throughout the structure body and the outlet stubs
- Abrasion resistant
- Virtually immune to most types of corrosion
- Meets or exceeds the pressure requirements of the ASTM D3212 standard for connections joining drainage pipes utilizing flexible elastomeric seals conforming to ASTM F477
Common Drain Basin Applications
- Commercial developments
- Schools and sports complexes
- Roadways and highways
- Parking lots
- Government installations
- Parks and recreation areas
- Industrial parks
- Golf courses
- Residential developments
In This Section
Have a question about our products and services? Ask them here.